Open call: The Age of ___
A call-out to current Central Saint Martins students to submit proposals for an exhibition in the Lethaby Gallery, November 2018.
Responding to student feedback to have student curated exhibitions in our public gallery spaces, we invite you to submit your ideas for an exhibition in the Lethaby Gallery.
We are seeking proposals from Central Saint Martins students for a group show that should include a minimum of 10 students work or involvement, In the spirit of working without boundary, we especially welcome collaborative submissions across disciplines or with external groups and partners.
The proposal should respond to the times we live in, who we are, and how we work together, all underpinning facets of Central Saint Martins’ Creative Unions initiative.
This exhibition will provide a platform for professional practice by providing workshops and mentoring opportunities. Students will have access to the following:
- How to write an exhibition proposal workshop
- 1-2-1 advice clinics from CSM’s Creative Producers
- Mentoring throughout the exhibition development
- Exhibition installation sessions with experienced gallery technicians
Submitting a Proposal
With the working title of The Age of ____, you are invited you to either fill in the blank, or start over. Your proposal should include:
A curatorial concept including:
- Who is it created/curated by, and what students work will feature?
- What is it called?
- What is the exhibition about?
- What work does it consist of? Please provide indicative images.
- At least one event within the gallery.
The successful applicant must be available during the install, exhibition and de-install between 19 November – 14 December 2018.
Successful applicants will develop the direction, curation, and logistics with CSM’s Creative Producers as part of the wider Creative Unions programme.
Proposals should be no longer than two A4 pages long plus images, in PDF format, and submitted via email – firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than March 28 2018.
Please note that if your application is successful you will need to be available over email during the summer holidays and also for a number of planning meetings (this can be via skype).
- How to write an exhibition proposal workshop - Wednesday 14 March, 2-3pm (LVMH Lecture Theatre)
- 1-2-1 advice clinics - 12 - 14 March, 1-2pm (Room B006). These are drop-in sessions and don't require booking.
- Proposal deadline: 28 March
- Final project selected: w/c 16 April
- Initial exhibition development: May/June
- Summer meetings: July/August
- Exhibition development/planning: September/October
- Exhibition install: 12 – 14 November
- Exhibition open: 15 November – 7 December
- Exhibition de-install: 10 – 11 December
Please check the Creative Unions webpage closer to the event dates for exact details on the above workshops and advice clinics.
About Creative Unions
Creative Unions is an initiative of Central Saint Martins and University of the Arts London. It provides a platform that brings together multiple events, actions, and outputs to demonstrate that creativity must operate across boundaries.