Donald Smith is Practitioner in Residence on the MA Curating and Collections course at Chelsea College of Arts.
Smith is also an artist and the founding Director of Exhibitions at Chelsea Space, which he established in 2005.
His curatorial projects include:
- Vertigo: Marcel Duchamp and Mark Titchner (2007)
- Frank Sidebottom: Chelsea Space is Ace (2007)
- Mick Jones: The Rock & Roll Public Library (2009)
- Stephen Willats: West London Social Resource Project (2011)
- Ideal Home (2011)
- Red, White and Blue: Pop|Punk|Politics|Place (2012)
- Almost Bliss: Notes on Derek Jarman’s ‘Blue’ (2014)
Smith is currently commissioning editor for a monograph on the artist Noel Forster (1932-2007).