Arts Management (Online)
This course will provide you with an introduction to the role of arts organisations and how to go about project managing your own. It will also provide you with support and ideas into how you might consider building a business plan. You will consider and discuss a variety of arts organisation models by looking at various case studies to help you develop your own unique selling point (USP)...
Taught by: Joyce Cronin.
This course will provide you with an introduction to the role of arts organisations and how to go about project managing your own. It will also provide you with support and ideas into how you might consider building a business plan. You will consider and discuss a variety of arts organisation models by looking at various case studies to help you develop your own unique selling point (USP). Learn about different funding stream possibilities and understand how to plan, organise and deliver a programme of arts events, exhibitions or workshops. The course will involve presentations, exercises case studies and feedback. Between each class you will undertake a short task, involving research, which will help you to consolidate new knowledge as you evaluate and identify personal areas for development and pull together the beginnings of a business strategy.
- Creating, planning, marketing and delivering an arts organisation or creative’s business model
- Managing PR: press, content, publicity and online presence
- Effective social media, communications and marketing strategies
- Money Matters - funding your business
- Managing people, training and developing employees
- Networking, building relationships, partnerships and collaborations
- Problem solving
- Crisis management and Security
- Guidance on curating an exhibition
- Sales, contracts and commissioning
You will leave with greater knowledge of the role of arts organisations and a greater confidence in the processes involved with successfully project managing and supporting a business. You will have created a personal action plan/business model that is sustainable for you, ready to start the exciting journey of developing, establishing or marketing your business.
Who is Arts Management (Online) for
Ideal for creative start-ups, freelancers, entrepreneurs, aspiring curators and simply anyone with ideas! A good foundation for anyone wishing to pursue a career in arts management.
Please note: The course is for students aged 18 and over.
Why choose a Chelsea College of Arts Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Chelsea College wherever you are in the world. Additionally all Chelsea Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Chelsea College Certificate upon completion
Further details about the Online Short Courses on offer at Chelsea college of Arts can be foundhere
Please note that courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times click here
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions