SketchUp: An Introduction
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice. SketchUp is a 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all. You'll soon be able to tap into its potential as we introduce you to its tools, photo-modelling, lighting, texturing, rendering and organisational concepts...
Taught by: Gianfrancesco de Falco.
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice. SketchUp is a 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all. You'll soon be able to tap into its potential as we introduce you to its tools, photo-modelling, lighting, texturing, rendering and organisational concepts.
- Program overview, interface and settings for PC and Mac
- Axes, inferences, use of the mouse while navigating in space
- Introduction to the edit menu, large tool set
- Drawing in 2D , creating 3D geometry and manipulating shapes
- Creating accurate 3D objects
- Organising your project: groups, components and outliner
- Editing tools: rotate, scale, section cuts, creating arrays and mirror techniques
- How to import DWG plans as JPG, scaling and retracing
- Importing furniture and components from 3D Warehouse - scaling
- Bucket tool- importing textures, images and rendering modes
- Setting scenes and creating an animation
- How to set different styles, creating and saving 3D views and printing options
- Free rendering plug-ins and Extension Warehouse
You will have practised using the tools through a series of exercises and be able to create 2D plans, 3D models and renderings. You'll leave with a number of digital images and the ability to produce accurate models.
Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to develop their digital design skills and create accurate 2D images and 3D models to visualise space. Suitable for interior and garden designers, architects and artists.
Gianfrancesco De Falco holds a Masters Degree in Architecture from the University of Naples in Italy and is currently working as an Interior and Product Designer in London.
He grew up professionally between Italy, Spain and England, successfully performing in different roles for the Interior Design industry.
Since he moved to London, he has opened his own Design studio primarily focused on residential projects and Ready Made which focuses on creating furniture, and assembling everyday objects which he likes to manipulate.
His works have been extensively shown in various international exhibitions:Ferrara ( Italy ) - Vernice art fair - march 2005 Rimini (Italy ) - Ecomondo - nov 2008Asolo ( Italy ) - Asolo Recycled Art Festival - oct 2009Bari ( Italy ) - Rifiuti in cerca d'autore - jan 2010Salerno (Italy )- Rifiuti in cerca d'autore - Second life - march 2010Mercato San severivo ( italy ) - Rifuiti in cerca d'autore - second life - june 2010Rmini ( Italy ) - Rifuiti in cerca d'autore - second life - nov 2010Brescia (Italy ) - Ri-creare- Il rifiuto nasce ad arte - nov 2010La Spezia ( Italy ) -Ecocentrica 2011 - march 2011Rimini ( Italy ) - Ecomondo - nov 2011
Please bring the following materials with you on the first day:
Notebook and Pen
USB memory stick
A Laptop (optional)
Students will also benefit from downloading a free version of the SketchUp software in advance of the course. Please check the SketchUp hardware and software requirements before by clicking on the following link to start your download: