Interior Styling (Online)
Interior stylists fulfil a multitude of roles such as creating photo shoots for editorial and advertising, home interior styling, or exhibitions. Styling is about maximising the impact of design projects, by presenting them in creative ways which engage with the target audience...
Taught by: Tara Larkin.
Interior stylists fulfil a multitude of roles such as creating photo shoots for editorial and advertising, home interior styling, or exhibitions. Styling is about maximising the impact of design projects, by presenting them in creative ways which engage with the target audience. Styling is an important skill for interior designers, as well as a stand-alone profession serving the media, real estate, and design sectors.
This course provides a 6 week introduction to the styling industry, and an opportunity to develop and practice essential styling skills.
- You will be set a variety of styling projects.
- There will be lectures on styling methods and techniques.
- You will be asked to interpret a brief, develop a concept, and present it as if you were presenting to client.
- Ideas will be developed and presented on style boards to the rest of class.
- We will look at how to keep informed of trends and strategies that you can use in order to be ahead of them.
- We will also look at styling compositions and arrangements, leading to your own photo shoot.
You will be challenged in terms of what you can bring to interior styling and explore how to market yourself.
The course aims to help you to develop more confidence in order to make your own choices and propose your own interior styling solutions. By the end you should gain a better understanding of interior styling and an idea of the different roles open to those who want to develop a styling career.
Who is Interior Styling (Online) for
Interior designers with an interest in developing interior styling skills. Individuals looking for tips and insights that they may wish to apply to their own homes. Those looking to have an overview of the styling industry and of the professional opportunities in the area.
Please note: This course is for learners aged 18 and over
Why choose a Chelsea College of Arts Online Short Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Chelsea College wherever you are in the world. Additionally all Chelsea Online Short Courses include;
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Chelsea College Certificate upon completion
Further details about the Online Short Courses on offer at Chelsea college of Arts can be found here
Please note that the course will be taught in UK time. To check and compare times click here
View PDF to explore progression: Interior Design: Your Journey [889kb]
Tara Larkin has been a London based Interior Stylist for over 20 years. She began her career on editorial magazines and has styled advertising brochures and exhibitions for a variety of well known interiors companies. Currently she styles show homes for property developers in the capital. See her client list and examples of her work at www.interiorstylist.com
- Prior to the start of your course, please ensure:
- You have a headset and microphone attached to your computer.
- You have a webcam
- Your browser has a recent version of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.
- Your computer is running the most recent version of Java. You can download it from here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|15/02/2018 - 08/03/2018||Thursday||10:00 - 11:30||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|12/04/2018 - 03/05/2018||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||4 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|26/06/2018 - 17/07/2018||Tuesday||13:00 - 14:30||4 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|