Interior Lighting Design (Online)
This online course will teach and inspire you to design with light. Capable of having a transformative effect, well designed lighting can alter the atmosphere of an interior and is a crucial design element to consider and plan from the outset of your project...
Taught by: Debbie Blandford.
This online course will teach and inspire you to design with light. Capable of having a transformative effect, well designed lighting can alter the atmosphere of an interior and is a crucial design element to consider and plan from the outset of your project.
We’ll begin by explaining what to consider as you plan a scheme, how to calculate lighting levels, position fittings and create the desired mood within a space. You will learn how to draw up a lighting plan and specify the fittings required as you design a scheme for a specific space.
- Planning a lighting scheme
- How to achieve and use lighting effects
- Using natural light
- Artificial lighting, technologies and controls
- Working with regulations
- Drawing a lighting plan
- Writing a specification
- Communicating ideas to clients and contractors
By the end of the course you will
- Understand the fundamental principles of the lighting design process
- Be confident with the associated technical language
- Have developed knowledge of the technology needed to create lighting effects
- Know to use artificial and natural lighting within an interior space
- Have the confidence to speak to contractors and lighting designers
- Be able to take briefs from clients.
Who is Interior Lighting Design (Online) for?
The course is deal for design professionals wishing to hone and build on their skills, as well as current and future students keen to understand and design lighting schemes.
About Chelsea College Online Courses
All Courses will include
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical Assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- UAL Certificate upon completion
Debbie Blandford has a Masters Degree from the Royal College of Art and 28 years experience working as design consultant to architectural practices and individual clients. She has a passion for working collaboratively and globally, resulting in a truly eclectic career. Projects have included hotels, bars and restaurants, aviation design, exhibitions, and high end residential interiors.
Clients have included the government of Saudi Arabia. Debbie also designs Furniture offering a truly bespoke interior service as well as developing products with Ross Lovegrove.
Alongside her professional career she has taught part time across all educational levels in both the public and private sectors as well as delivering specialist courses for companies including British Airways, The Foreign Office and the Victoria and Albert Museum. Currently Associate Lecturer at The University of the Arts London & Professor at Syracuse University.
Please ensure you have the following materials with you for the first session:
- Notebook & Pen
- Technical 'clutch' pencil size 0.5
- Circle template
- 45 degree set square
- Pair of scissors
- Scale Ruler with scales 1:50, 1:20, 1:25