Camberwell's photography centre has a range of darkrooms and specialist equipment.
The photography centre is equipped with:
- Digital Darkroom - used to teach photographic digital workflows, principally with Adobe Lightroom (only available to BA Photography students)
- Photographic Studio - this studio is for learning photographic studio techniques and the production of work in both stills and video formats, and has flash and constant lighting available
- 35mm Black and White Resin Darkroom - a dedicated 35mm black and white darkroom, with nine enlargers and an Ilford resin coated paper processor
- Multi Format Fibre Darkroom - this black and white darkroom is designed for tray processing, with ten enlargers configured for a variety of formats, and is reserved for fibre based printing only
- Specialist Print Darkroom - this area is equipped with horizontal and vertical enlargers, as well as space for toning and alternative processes including cyanotype, salt printing, albumen printing and liquid emulsion
- Black and White Film Processing Room - this space has daylight tanks or trays for large format
- RA4 Colour Print Darkroom - the colour darkroom contains five enlargers and an RA4 processor for colour negative printing
View the image gallery below to see the some of the photography facilities.