My Online Assessment
The Online Assessment Tool (OAT) is being custom developed in UAL for UAL. So far it has been used to provide grading and feedback to over 10,000 students in the 2012-2013 Academic Year (as of 24 April 2013).
OAT enables tutors to:
- Grade assignments against the University Marking Criteria online.
- Give students clear, accessible and timely electronic feedback.
- Export moderated grades in spreadsheet format.
This offers several key benefits to students, including:
- Timely feedback - making it particularly valuable for students executing subsequent work.
- Very legible feedback.
- Detailed feedback that is accessible remotely
In March 2013 an updated version of OAT was made available in Moodle. This retains the look and feel of the previous version whilst incorporating a number of usability improvements suggested by users. It also introduces an additional double marking option (the development team is seeking testers for this latest feature). In progress developments include a simple page from which students will be able to access all their feedback - including historical feedback currently accessed via Blackboard. This latest feature should become available in June 2013.
If you are responsible for an academic team and OAT is not currently available on your Blackboard or Moodle course, please contact John Jackson (CLTAD) via email@example.com to explore using the tool and receiving initial training for your team.