Assessment plays a fundamental role in the learning experience of our students and there are a several ways in which our assessment practices are distinctive and important.
- how we assess creative process and outcomes as well as encourage risk-taking within assessment
- how we foster formative assessment through self and peer review in distinctive learning contexts such as the studio, community or workplace
- how we work with a range of text-based, visual and performative forms of assessment
- how we give meaningful feedback that will develop our students’ creative practice at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level
The University is also focused on addressing issues that all universities in the sector are facing:
- inclusive assessment
- differences in the attainment of BAME and international students as an outcome of assessment
- new ways to assess in the digital university
The resources in this section provide generic as well as disciplinary guidance, links to external sites to support assessment practices as well as case studies from across the range of disciplines at UAL to support colleagues in enhancing their assessment strategies.