Teaching and Learning
In this unit (that is mandatory on the PgCert) you will encounter a range of theoretical, political and practical perspectives and apply them in your particular context.
Before the unit you will be asked to:
- Read an academic paper and consider two or three questions in preparation for a discussion with peers.
- Prepare a 200 word paragraph about your teaching practice and what you hope to gain from the course.
During the unit you will:
- Attend regular sessions (including lectures, seminars and group tutorials) where you will share your experiences and generate ideas through structured activities such as discussion and microteaching
- Keep an online journal where you respond to an academic resource on a specified learning and teaching topic every two to three weeks
- Complete three teaching observations. Those employed in a student facing role will be observed twice and will observe a peer once
- Evaluate your teaching practice and plan for ongoing development
For more information download the Teaching and Learning unit descriptor (Word 16KB).