Inclusive Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (elective unit)
In this unit, you will explore the implications of an increasingly diverse student population for higher education policy and practice.
Before the unit you will be asked to:
Write 250 words about your understanding of inclusive learning within your own context.
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops
- Explore current debates about student diversity
- Consider theoretical models of diversity and social justice in higher education, and reflect on your own position and assumptions about diversity and inclusivity
- Complete three blogging tasks responding to articles or websites and reflect on your blog experience
- Produce an artefact that promotes inclusivity in learning and teaching along with a reflective account which links inclusive learning theory to practice (1500 words).
For more information download the Inclusive Teaching and Learning in HE Unit Descriptor (Word 17KB)