Academic Leadership (optional unit)
In this unit you will explore the academic leadership role, and develop your understanding of strategic thinking relevant to a teaching and/or research career and team and project management.
During the unit you will:
- Attend a series of workshops and seminars
- Use theoretical models to reflect on your own leadership practice and development
- Complete work-based learning or shadowing tasks
- Develop your leadership practice
- Submit a portfolio documenting a strategic response to a teaching or research issue (2000 words)
- Produce a personal professional development plan identifying professional experience and expertise with reference to case studies (2000 words).
For more information, download the Academic Leadership unit descriptor (Word 15KB).