Course fees

Man in spotted top
Image courtesy of UAL

Home/EU Tuition Fees 2017/18:
20 Credit Unit £945 | 40 Credit Unit £1,890 | 60 Credit Unit (Dissertation) £2,830

International Tuition Fees 2017/18:
20 Credit Unit £1,990 | 40 Credit Unit £3,890 | 60 Credit Unit (Dissertation) £5,970

Unit fees are usually published in May for the next academic year.  

Funding for UAL staff 

If you are a member of staff at UAL, it is likely that your college will fund your place on the course, although there are some restrictions for Associate Lecturers and some other staff. Please contact your College Staff Development Coordinator, or Research Coordinator (for supervision units and Research as an Academic Practice) for further information. Library staff should approach the Library Contact. If you are non-college based staff, you should approach your staff development budget holders via your line manager.   

Usually units are identified by Line Managers during the PRA process, which may lead to an incremental pay increase for some staff after successful completion. 

All applications will require approval from Line Managers and Staff Development Budget Holders. 

Speak to your college or department representative to find out more about fee sponsorship.  

External or self-funding applicants  

If you are an external applicant or you are funding your studies yourself, the full fee for the year is due once you have been offered a place on the course. You can pay the whole amount, or pay 50% and set up an instalment plan for the remainder. You will not be able to enrol fully on the course, or attend until a minimum 50% of the fee has been paid by the given deadline, which will be at least a month before the course commencement date depending on the time of year. 

If you are being sponsored by your institution, please ask them to send a purchase order to and we will invoice them.   

You can apply for a Professional Career Development Loan, which is a bank loan from the Co-op or Barclays. The government subsidises the loan while you are a student and you will have to start paying back soon after the course finishes. The MA Academic Practice does not attract Student Finance England (SFE) funding.