Who We Are
- UAL is built upon the specific histories, identities and achievements of its constituent Colleges, and their long tradition of engagement with creative, intellectual and professional life.
- UAL is one of the world’s most renowned institutions for education in arts, design, fashion and communication. Our critical mass and reputation allow us to influence the creative and cultural economy in the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Our staff and students are immersed in the cultural life of London, and connected into the city’s national and global networks. We are continually invigorated by these connections and contribute to their future development.
- We actively influence global cultural debates through the diversity and international reach of our staff, students and alumni.
- We uphold the values of social justice and environmental stewardship through our teaching and research, as well as in the way we live, work and conduct our operations.
- We ask original questions and arrive at new insights through the creativity and rigour of our practice and research.
- We draw on and develop the natural enterprise and curiosity of our students, encouraging them to be the next initiators and innovators in their respective fields.
- We respect our students’ and staff’s individual voices and collective endeavours, celebrating the breadth of backgrounds and cultures represented at UAL.
- We equip graduates to face the future with confidence and responsibility.
- We place the challenges and opportunities of the creative and cultural sectors at the centre of our teaching, so that our students are well prepared for successful careers and can realise their full potential.
- We place creativity at the heart of positive social change.
- We celebrate the diversity of approaches across our subject areas. We actively seek to cross the boundaries between them and other areas of knowledge.
- We maintain productive relationships with our alumni for their benefit and for ours.