What are these qualifications?
UAL Awarding Body Awards and Certificates, in Printmaking, form part of our 'Creative Framework' suite of qualifications. It has been designed and written by a team of leading practitioners from the sector, to provide students with an exciting and challenging experience which will introduce them to the rigours and rewards of exploring and working within this creativity activity.
Printmaking as a creative activity has a long and distinguished history. It has provided a multi-faceted vehicle for an enormously diverse range of artists, from Durer to Warhol, to explore an equally diverse range of issues and ideas. It is hoped that learners undertaking UAL Awarding Body qualifications will be empowered and inspired to continue that rich tradition.
Consultation on the creation and evolution of this qualification has come from teaching staff and practitioners from across the full spectrum of secondary, further and higher education, and from within the creative industries.
The qualifications, whilst allowing learners to build on prior experience, will require them to approach new intellectual and material challenges, designed to deliver an independent critical understanding and extended skills base.
It is expected that qualification delivery teams will be innovative in delivery whilst ensuring that the core function of extending and translating learners’ abilities into realisable goals is achieved.
Qualification Aim Numbers or QANs are as follows:
- Level 2 Award in Printmaking 500/9672/2
- Level 2 Certficate in Printmaking 500/9670/9
- Level 3 Award in Printmaking 501/0680/6
- Level 3 Certificate in Printmaking 501/0640/5
Specifications and handbooks
To enable the candidate to develop:
- An understanding of the value of printmaking as a tool for creative activity
- A range of printmaking skills appropriate to the support of creative activity
- A critical and analytical approach to printing practice
- An awareness of the different contexts, approaches and disciplines of printmaking within creative activity.
The Level 2 and 3 Awards and Certificates in Printmaking are accredited to the national Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).