Level 2 Certificate in Applied Drawing
The UAL Level 2 Certificate in Applied Drawing has been designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills required in the use and application of drawing across all subjects.
As part of the qualification, learners will gain an understanding of the value of drawing as a tool for creative activity as well as understanding the different contexts, approaches and disciplines within which drawing operates such as fine art, design, mathematics, medicine, science and game design.
The qualification is primarily designed for learners who are 14-16, but may also be suitable for other learners studying appropriate level 2 or 3 qualifications.
For more information on this qualification, please read the statement of purpose:
Qualifications at a glance
|Typical course duration||1 year|
|UCAS points (Pass/Merit/Distinction)||N/A|
|Typical progression||Further education, apprenticeship|
Specification and documents
- Level 2 Certificate in Applied Drawing specification V1.3 (PDF 635KB)
- Applied Drawing delivery guidance (PDF 176KB)
This qualification has been developed in collaboration with subject practitioners and further education colleges to ensure that it provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace.
The following organisations have provided letters of support for this qualification:
- BMet - letter of support (PDF 520KB)
- Capital City Academy - letter of support (PDF 399KB)
- Edinburgh College - letter of support (PDF 262KB)
- Hillview School for Girls - letter of support (PDF 125KB)
- Plymouth School of Creative Arts - letter of support (PDF 198KB)
- Queen Ethelburga's - letter of support (PDF 269KB)
Working with us
Interested in delivering the UAL Level 2 Certificate in Applied Drawing?
Visit the Working with us page for information on the approval process for new and existing centres.